All Donors Have the Following Rights
- To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
United Way of the Coastal Bend respects the privacy of our donors. We will never rent, sell or trade donor information to any third party. Information provided to us, whether by you or your employer, is used to maintain accurate records, to process and confirm receipt of your donations, and to send information regarding your gift, the work we're doing with it and other information related to our organization we believe may be of interest to you. Please know that, at any time, you have the right to be unsubscribed from our mailing list. If you do wish to unsubscribe, please call us at 361-882-2529 or follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email you received.