OPEN YOUR HEART
LEND YOUR MUSCLE
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Communications Director - Full-time Position (posted December 2, 2014)
Job Description (PDF)
Employment Application - (Downloadable PDF)
Employment Application - (Fillable Form PDF)
POSITION: Communications Director
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Resource Development
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF POSITION: To provide overall leadership in the development and implementation of United Way of the Coastal Bend’s strategic communications and marketing plan. Responsible for all activities related to brand management and messaging.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREA: Communications and Marketing Leadership
• Provide leadership, planning and implementation for UWCB in regards to communication, marketing and brand management.
• Develop and implement communication and marketing plan and calendar including strategies for segmentation, prioritization and cultivation of target markets.
• Conduct research and analysis to ensure that communications efforts meet objectives.
• Ensure coordination of all communications activities within the organization.
• Provide communications direction and guidance for staff.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREA: Communications and Marketing Products
• Creation and production of all collateral materials (print, audiovisual, etc.) for annual campaign and materials for year-round communications.
• Creation and production of all materials for Community Impact communications.
• Ensure consistent and strategic messages within branding guidelines are applied to all items produced.
• Develop and maintain electronic media including website, stakeholder e-news communication and all social networking initiatives (Facebook, Twitter, etc).
• Responsible for day-to-day management and content of all electronic media to engage visitors to sites and promote donor and volunteer connection to the organization’s mission.
• Responsible for all coordination of news events.
• Develop and maintain effective media relations with all forms of news professionals.
• Perform any and all other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Resource Development or the President/CEO.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Five years experience in communications and marketing preferred. Experience in web content development and social media tools required. Thorough knowledge of advertising, marketing and public relations of a nonprofit. Knowledge of audiovisual production, staging and media relations. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Adobe Suite, Illustrator, Publisher and website construction and maintenance software required. Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities.
OTHER: Position requires local and occasional overnight travel.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Executive Exempt—this position is full-time, may exceed a 40-hour work week, and is exempt from Fair Labor Standards and Practices overtime compensation requirements.
The job description for this position is intended to provide an overview of responsibilities and is not meant to be considered all-inclusive.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Please submit a completed Employment Application, Resume, and Cover Letter by Fax, Attn: Amanda Valverde (361-888-6882), Email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or USPS Mail (711 N. Carancahua Street, Suite 302, Corpus Christi, TX 78401).