OPEN YOUR HEART
LEND YOUR MUSCLE
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Employment OpportunitiesVolunteer Coordinator, Part-time position
(Job posted June 8th, 2015)
Job Description (PDF)
Employment Application - (Downloadable PDF)
Employment Application - (Fillable Form PDF)
POSITION: Volunteer Coordinator
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
STATUS: Non-exempt; Part-time
Purpose/Function of Position: To recruit, motivate, train and supervise volunteers to support the work of United Way of the Coastal.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREA: Volunteer Recruitment, Training, Placement and Support
1. Conduct regular volunteer orientation meetings/presentations in order to recruit new volunteers and increase volunteer support of UWCB.
2. Working with the Communications Director, develop process for creation and submission of volunteer recruitment advertising (i.e. public service announcements, free local newspaper advertising, etc.)
3. Recruits, screens and trains volunteers in specific areas of service for UWCB programs and events.
4. Coordinate all volunteer schedules and manage UWCB event volunteer service.
5. Interface and work cooperatively with UWCB staff to ensure appropriate and compatible placement of volunteers in varying service areas.
6. Actively participate and lead (as appropriate) all volunteer activities.
7. Ensure all volunteers are utilized appropriately.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREA: Volunteer Program Maintenance
1. Create, review and update volunteer position descriptions.
2. Create, maintain and review volunteer procedure manual.
3. Maintain all relevant volunteer information in database.
4. Track and record all volunteer hours performed in database.
5. Create and implement volunteer recognition opportunities (i.e. awards/acknowledgements for service, acknowledgement of birthdays, anniversaries, etc.)
1. Ensure timely preparation of administrative documents and reports as requested and/or required.
2. Perform and all other duties as required by supervisor.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or GED required. Associates or Bachelors degree in communications or related field preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS: Background in community service/volunteerism. Demonstrated skills in building and maintaining effective relationships; Ability to recruit, train and motivate volunteers; Self-confident with personable affect; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Strong computer database skills required.
Position requires some day travel. Must own vehicle and provide proof of required insurance.
Ability to walk, bend, stoop, twist at waist, reach, climb stairs, lift and carry at least 25 lbs.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Please submit a completed Employment Application, Resume, and Cover Letter by fax, Attn: Amanda Valverde - 361-888-6882, email - email@example.com, or mail - 711 N. Carancahua Street, Suite 302, Corpus Christi, TX 78401.