There's a hotline ready for victims and volunteers impacted by Harvey. Contact the Disaster Distress Hotline by calling 800-985-5990 or texting "talkwithus" to 66746. This hotline is operated by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and runs 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov
- Via the FEMA mobile app, available at fema.gov/mobile-app
Phone (800) 621-3362 (711 or Video Relay Service) 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily,TTY (800) 462-7585
At a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC). Find your nearest DRC at fema.gov/drc
- Address of the location where the damage occurred (pre-disaster address)
- Current mailing address
- Current telephone number
- Insurance information
- Total household annual income
- Routing and account number for checking or savings account (this allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into a bank account)
- A description of disaster-caused damage and losses
REDDy Directory for Case Managers and Those with Disabilities
BACK TO WORK
FEMA's extension for disaster assistance also gives survivors more time to apply for low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Download this PDF with more information on how to apply for a disaster loan.