There's a hotline ready for victims and volunteers impacted by Harvey. Contact the Disaster Distress Hotline by calling 800-985-5990 or texting "talkwithus" to 66746. This hotline is operated by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and runs 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov
- Via the FEMA mobile app, available at fema.gov/mobile-app
Phone (800) 621-3362 (711 or Video Relay Service) 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily,TTY (800) 462-7585
At a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC). Find your nearest DRC at fema.gov/drc
- Address of the location where the damage occurred (pre-disaster address)
- Current mailing address
- Current telephone number
- Insurance information
- Total household annual income
- Routing and account number for checking or savings account (this allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into a bank account)
- A description of disaster-caused damage and losses
Transitional Shelter Assistance
REDDy Directory for Case Managers and Those with Disabilities
BACK TO WORK
FEMA's extension for disaster assistance also gives survivors more time to apply for low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Download this PDF with more information on how to apply for a disaster loan.