Make a Difference for Coastal Bend Students
Each year United Way of the Coastal Bend partners with H-E-B and KRIS Communications to support Operation Supply Our Students (Operation SOS) – a community-wide donation and school supply drive. Around 67,500 students are enrolled throughout the 60 Coastal Bend communities we serve, and a majority of those students lack the basic supplies they will need to start the school year. We believe that every child deserves a quality education and the chance to be successful, which is why we work hard to ensure that as many students as possible have the supplies they need.
But, we can't do this without your help.
Ways to Contribute to the 29th Annual Operation SOS
You can contribute to Operation SOS in the following ways:
- Make a donation online.
100% of the donations we receive go toward purchasing basic school supplies wholesale.
- Make a donation via text message.
Text "SOS" to 91999 to make a donation via text message.
- Make a donation when you check out at any local H-E-B.
Look for Operation SOS tear pads at the checkout counters of your local H-E-B from July 10-August 13, 2019 and tear off the amount you would like to donate. When checking out with your groceries, have your cashier scan your sheet and the donation amount will be added to your total.
- Purchase pre-stuffed bags at participating H-E-B stores.
Our staff and volunteers will be at the following H-E-B locations collecting donations via cash, check, or card, and selling pre-stuffed bags of school supplies.
- Monday, July 29th - Staples & Saratoga H-E-B Plus! - 5313 Saratoga Blvd.
- Tuesday, July 30th - Moore Plaza H-E-B - 5425 S. Padre Island Drive
- Wednesday, July 31st - Alameda & Robert H-E-B - 4320 S Alameda St.
- Thursday, August 1st - Portland H-E-B - 1600 Wildcat Drive in Portland
- Friday, August 2nd - Staples & Saratoga H-E-B Plus! - 5313 Saratoga Blvd.
- Host a school supply drive at your place of business.
The types of school supplies needed are listed below. Businesses are responsible for dropping off all donated items to United Way of the Coastal Bend, 4659 Everhart Road, Corpus Christi, TX 78411 no later than July 31, 2019. If possible, please notify us in advance of your arrival so proper accommodations can be made and staff members can be on-hand to document/photograph donation presentations.
School Supply List
Needed supplies include the following:
- Notebook paper
- Glue sticks
- 12" ruler (wood or plastic)
- Ballpoint pens
- Two-pocket folders
- Safety scissors