Free Income Tax Prep
Trained and tested by IRS-certified instructors, VITA volunteers provide FREE income tax filing services for individuals and families who earned up to $66,000 in the previous year. This helps taxpayers avoid fees and receive assistance obtaining all applicable tax credits. VITA's goal is to get as much as possible back into the local economy. .
VITA Service Information
To prepare for meeting with our VITA volunteers, you should bring the following documentation:
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents NOTE: You must have the actual card(s)
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
2020 VITA Tax Prep Locations
Please check back in Fall 2019 for location information.
Sponsored by the Coastal Bend VITA Coalition, VITA is a collaboration of United Way of the Coastal Bend, Del Mar College, Goodwill Industries of South Texas, the Internal Revenue Service, Coastal Bend College, Nueces County Keach Family Library, Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend and Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. No taxpayer shall be subjected to discrimination based on race, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age or disability.