CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS – United Way of the Coastal Bend hosted its 28th Annual Golf Classic on Oct. 22, 2021 to raise funds to support education, health, and financial stability initiatives in the Coastal Bend.
“This year’s event was a record-breaking success, with 68 teams participating,” said Libby Averyt, President and CEO of United Way of the Coastal Bend. “We’re grateful to our generous sponsors, volunteers and golfers for helping us raise funds that will assist us in meeting the needs of many Coastal Bend residents.”
Net proceeds from the event are expected to be $125,000 and will benefit United Way of the Coastal Bend’s Community Investment Fund. Grants from the fund are distributed to vetted education, health and/or financial stability programs that serve local residents.
United Way of the Coastal Bend would like to thank the following event participants for making this year’s Golf Classic a success:
- Presenting Sponsors: CITGO and Stronghold Companies
- Community Leader Sponsor: Steel Dynamics
- Shirts Sponsors: AEP Texas and The Miller Group
- Hat Sponsors: Engineering Design Services and Valero
- Golf Ball Sponsor: NuStar Energy
- Pillar Sponsors: B&E Resources, Budget Blinds, Corpus Christi Electric Company, Gulf Coast Growth Ventures, Integrity Testing and Inspection, J&S Inspections Company, LyondellBasell, MMR Constructors, Port Corpus Christi, Red Guard, Scott Electric and W. R. Grace.
- Core Sponsors: AtlairStrickland, Buckeye Partners, Chemours, Driscoll Children’s Hospital, H-E-B, Kleberg Bank, NuStar Energy and Sames Ford
- Hole-in-one Sponsor: Autonation
- Putting Green Sponsor: ABC Home and Commercial Services
- Golf Cart Sponsors: Hose of South Texas and Industrial Thermal Services
- Food Teams: AEP Texas, Cudd Energy Services, Dunn Heat Exchangers, Gulf Coast Growth Ventures, REPCON, TNT Crane, Turn2 and Turner Industries
Thanks also goes to Ainsworth Trucking, Corpus Christi Caller-Times, Corpus Christi Country Club, Endeavors, Integrity Solutions, L&F Distributors, MobileMini, TEAM, Wallie Lock and Zachry.