No one understood the power of women to effect change better than Frances Wisebart Jacobs, founder of the nation’s first United Way 125 years ago. That philanthropic spirit is alive and well right here in the Coastal Bend.
Women United mobilizes a powerful network of women dedicated to inspiring, educating and encouraging change in the Coastal Bend.
Who we are
- We are philanthropists, volunteers, and leaders within our community.
- We are problem-solvers, hand-raisers and game-changers.
- We lead the charge and inspire change.
What we do
The group pools the time, talent and financial resources of its members to bring to the forefront the positive impact women can have on a community. Women United members don’t just give money – they give of themselves to make a difference.
Our first project is "Uplifting Words," a monthly card-writing campaign to share hand-written, encouraging notes to various groups of people in need of positive support.
Contact Stephanie Jordan, Vice President of Resource Development, for more information: 361-882-2529 or Stephanie.email@example.com.
How to join
Becoming part of Women United is simple. All you have to do is make an annual contribution of $500 to the Women United initiative. For your name to be added to the Women United membership list, please designate your donation to the Women United initiative.
For more information, contact Stephanie Jordan, Vice President of Resource Development, at 361-882-2529 or Stephanie.Jordan@uwcb.org.
By joining Women United, you'll receive:
- Hands-on volunteer opportunities
- Opportunities to network with other women leaders
- Recognition on the United Way of the Coastal Bend website and annual report
- A firsthand look at the difference women can make when they take action to help others in our community
- Access to the Women United of the Coastal Bend Facebook group