About the Nurse-Family Partnership Program
Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) is a free community health program that supports first-time moms by having specially-trained nurses regularly visit and provide support early in the pregnancy through the child’s second birthday.
Para obtener información en español, haga clic aquí.
- Weekly or biweekly visits in your home, online or a place of your choosing
- Visits begin early in your pregnancy and continue until your baby is two years old
- A registered nurse to provide support, guidance and resources on
- Prenatal education
- Self-care and infant care
- Building a strong support system
- Child safety and development
- Life skills, including job training, education and childcare
- How to obtain Medicaid, CHIP, WIC, SNAP and other assistance
- Setting and achieving goals for the future
Improving lives in the areas of prenatal care and early childhood education, the NFP program serves new and expectant moms who meet the following requirements:
Must be a first-time mother
Must be at or under 28 weeks pregnant at time of enrollment
Must reside in Nueces County or San Patricio County
Must meet certain income requirements
Want to learn more? Ready to apply?
If you or someone you know is interested in our free, voluntary NFP program, click the button below to apply.