United Way of the Coastal Bend is dedicated to transforming lives and creating positive community change in our key focus areas of education, health and financial stability. Our work culture is mission focused, embraces collaboration and innovation, upholds quality and accountability and is fun!
If you're a driven individual who wants to make a difference in our community, check out the job opportunities at United Way of the Coastal Bend.
We're hiring for the following positions:
MISSION: It is the mission of United Way of the Coastal Bend to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of community.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF POSITION: The Success By 6 (SB6) Coordinator is responsible to provide comprehensive system navigation regarding child developmental health, behavior, and learning. The SB6 Coordinator will link families and children to existing resources in the community and will provide the necessary care coordination to ensure families are connected to services.
Conduct aggressive outreach initiatives and attend and participate in events and meetings to promote Help Me Grow.
• Cultivate and sustain positive, productive relationships with community partners, volunteers, and United Way staff.
• Utilize the FindHelp.org platform to provide a centralized intake and referral system to network and collaborate with Success By 6 community partners, as well as other community providers of early childhood services and resources.
• Establish and maintain an effective responsive system for tracking and follow-up with referrals to ensure families receive support when they need it.
• Assists in identifying gaps and barriers to services, and system issue trends families experience in utilizing services.
• Coordinate and collaborate with existing parent groups to support or expand their efforts.
• Develop a Parent Advisory Council to improve parent voice and decision making for continuous quality improvement, planning committees and community activities.
• Perform trainings on Online ASQ developmental tools and Learn the Signs Act Early.
• Manage the On-line Ages and Stages Questionnaires (ASQ), explain results to caregivers, provide families with age-appropriate developmental activities, address caregiver concerns empathetically and provide appropriate referrals and follow up.
• Complete all initial and ongoing training requirements.
• Respect and maintain confidentiality; follow all agency and program guidelines regarding confidentiality.
• Other job duties or responsibilities as assigned or requested.
• Present oneself in an appropriate and professional manner. Communicate, act, react and respond appropriately in all situations.
• Effectively utilize interpersonal skills and political astuteness to engage with, lead and function as a member of a team.
• Is trustworthy and acts with integrity, authenticity, humility and in good faith; respecting others’ opinions, priorities, values and interests.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for engaging with diverse groups, ability to conduct community presentations, and build new partner relations.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of populations and personalities with respect, compassion, and dignity.
• Bilingual, English/Spanish highly desirable.
Utilize and Acquire Knowledge
• Is forward-thinking, focused on what is possible, and seeks new tools and knowledge as needed.
• Is able to use technology when acquiring and utilizing knowledge and is innovative and creative in its application.
• Seek to continuously improve interpersonal and professional skills.
INTERNAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• This position works under the direction of the Success By 6 Director.
• Bachelor’s degree in early childhood, child development, or related social service field strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience working with children and families.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Possess strong negotiation, communication, problem solving, project management and analytical skills.
• Ability to effectively present information to a broad range of people.
• Ability to understand and process data extracted from computerized information systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) preferred.
OTHER: Position requires moderate day travel and some overnight travel. Must own vehicle and provide proof of required insurance. Employee must be able to lift 25 lbs.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Executive Exempt—this position is full-time, may exceed a 40-hour work week, and is exempt from Fair Labor Standards and Practices overtime compensation requirements. Employee must be available and able to work non-traditional hours, including nights and some weekends.
The job description for this position is intended to provide an overview of responsibilities and is not meant to be considered all-inclusive.