Free Income Tax Prep
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program provides free tax preparation services to individuals and families who earned $56,000 or less in 2019.
Those who qualify can receive free basic tax return preparation from IRS-certified volunteers who can help you claim available tax credits and electronically file your taxes. By taking advantage of this free service, you can avoid paying fees, claim the tax credits you're eligible for, and obtain the largest refund possible.
Those wanting to use the free service can visit one of ten VITA tax preparation sites that will be available in the Coastal Bend through April 15, 2020.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your government-issued photo ID
- Social Security card or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) letter for all individuals listed on the return
- W-2s, 1099s and all other tax-related documents for 2019
- Form 1095-A, B or C Health Insurance Coverage Statement
- All 1098 E&T forms for educational expenses
- Proof of daycare expenses, along with childcare provider name, address, phone number and tax ID number
- Voided check if using direct deposit for refund
- Copy of your 2018 return, if applicable
NOTE: For joint returns, both spouses must be present to sign required forms.
VITA SITE LOCATIONS
|United Way of the Coastal Bend
4659 Everhart Rd., Corpus Christi
M-Th 9 AM-1 PM
Opens January 27, 2020
|Goodwill Industries of South Texas
|Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend
Sunrise Career Center - Sunrise Mall
5858 S. Padre Island Dr., Ste. 1, Corpus Christi
M-Th 2-5 PM
Opens February 3, 2020
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
Del Mar College, East Campus
West Oso High School
|Coastal Bend College
PRINTABLE CHECKLIST & LOCATIONS
Need a printable copy of our checklist or VITA locations? Click below to download a PDF copy of our informational flyer.
Interested in serving as a VITA volunteer? Our next available training opportunities for the upcoming tax season will be in January 2020. Click here for more information.
No taxpayer shall be subjected to discrimination based on race, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age or disability.