Resources & information
We encourage all residents to stay up-to-date on the latest information and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
GET HELP - FIND LOCAL RESOURCES
Local resources are available if you or your loved ones are in need of food, rent/utility assistance, mental healthcare, etc.
211 is a free, confidential service that connects millions of people to help every year.
Their compassionate, highly-trained specialists are available to help you find services and resources in your local area to assist with:
- supplemental food & nutrition programs
- shelter/housing options & utilities assistance
- emergency information & disaster relief
- employment & education opportunities
- services for veterans
- healthcare, vaccination & health epidemic info
- addiction prevention & rehab programs
- reentry help for ex-offenders
- support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs
- a safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse
The service is completely confidential and is accessible 24/7/365 in 180 languages.
Help starts here. Call 2-1-1 or visit 211texas.org to get help today.
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
- Texas Health and Human Services Hotline - 1-833-986-1919
- Salvation Army Emotional & Spiritual Care Hotline - 844-458-HOPE (4673) - Available 8 AM-8 PM CST
- Nueces County MHID - 1-888-767-4493
- Family Counseling Service - 361-852-9665
- Amistad Community Health Center (for current clients only) - 361-886-3050
GOVERNOR'S REPORT TO OPEN TEXAS
SUPPORT LOCAL COVID-19 RESPONSE & RECOVERY EFFORTS
United Way of the Coastal Bend established its COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund to support local non-profit agencies providing direct services to those being affected by COVID-19. 100% of all donations made to the COVID-19 Fund are being used for response and recovery efforts in Bee, Brooks, Duval, Jim Wells, Live Oak, Kenedy, Kleberg, Nueces, Refugio and San Patricio counties.
To learn more about our COVID-19 Fund and how donations are making a difference in the Coastal Bend, click here.
<button onclick="window.location.href = 'http://portal.uwcb.org/epledge/coronavirus';" "="">Click to donate to our COVID-19 Fund