United Way of the Coastal Bend (UWCB) established a COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund in March 2020 to support local non-profit agencies' efforts in providing direct services to Coastal Bend residents affected by COVID-19. These funds are to be utilized by awarded organizations to provide direct services related to the effects of COVID-19 in the UWCB service area. This includes the Coastal Bend counties of Bee, Brooks, Duval, Jim Wells, Kenedy, Kleberg, Live Oak, Nueces, Refugio and San Patricio.
Is my non-profit organization eligible?
- United Way of the Coastal Bend will invest in programs with a positive track record.
- Funds are intended to supplement the efforts of organizations that are committing resources to assist those affected by COVID-19.
- Funds are to be used only for the purposes stated in the request.
What is the funding criteria?
- Currently provide services that address needs arising from COVID-19.
- 100% of funding will be used to provide services for needs arising from COVID-19.
- Leverage funds received to generate additional resources.
- Provide evidence of 501©(3) status, most current audit or review and 990.
- Use in-kind and volunteer resources if appropriate and effective to complement grant funds.
- Not discriminate in the provision of services on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, immigration status, marital status, veteran status or status as a qualified disabled or handicapped individual.
- Report monthly on services delivered/funds expended.
Who should I contact if I have additional questions?
If you have additional questions about our COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund, how to qualify, etc., please contact Donna Hurley at firstname.lastname@example.org.