Now in its 30th year of making a difference for Coastal Bend students
Made possible thanks to a partnership between
Each year United Way of the Coastal Bend partners with H-E-B and KRIS Communications to support Operation Supply Our Students (Operation SOS) – a community-wide donation and school supply drive. Around 67,500 students are enrolled throughout the 60 Coastal Bend communities we serve, and a majority of those students lack the basic supplies they will need to start the school year. We believe that every child deserves a quality education and the chance to be successful, which is why we work hard to ensure that as many students as possible have the supplies they need.
But, we can't do this without your help.
Ways to contribute to the 30th Annual Operation SOS
You can contribute to Operation SOS in the following ways:
- Make a donation online.
100% of the donations we receive go toward purchasing basic school supplies wholesale.
- Make a donation when you check out at any local H-E-B.
Look for Operation SOS tear pads at the checkout counters of your local H-E-B from July 8-August 11, 2020 and tear off the amount you would like to donate. When checking out with your groceries, have your cashier scan your sheet and the donation amount will be added to your total.
- Purchase pre-packaged supplies at participating H-E-B stores.
Pre-packaged supplies for Operation SOS will be available for purchase during specific periods in July-August at the following H-E-B locations in the Coastal Bend:
- Staples & Saratoga H-E-B Plus! - 5313 Saratoga Blvd. in Corpus Christi, Texas
- Moore Plaza H-E-B - 5425 S. Padre Island Drive in Corpus Christi, Texas
- Alameda & Robert H-E-B - 4320 S Alameda St. in Corpus Christi, Texas
- Alice H-E-B - 1115 E. Main in Alice, Texas
- Beeville H-E-B - 100 E. Houston St. in Beeville, Texas
- Ingleside H-E-B - 2616 State Highway 361 in Ingleside, Texas
- Portland H-E-B - 1600 Wildcat Drive in Portland
- Sinton H-E-B - 106 S. San Patricio in Sinton, Texas
- Host a school supply drive at your place of business.
The types of school supplies needed are listed below. Businesses are responsible for dropping off all donated items to United Way of the Coastal Bend, 4659 Everhart Road, Corpus Christi, TX 78411 no later than July 31, 2020. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we ask that you please notify us in advance of your intended drop-off so proper accommodations can be made.
Suggested school supplies to collect include:
- Notebook paper
- Glue sticks
- Ballpoint pens
- Two-pocket folders
- Safety scissors
United Way of the Coastal Bend would like to thank the following for supporting Operation SOS:
- KRIS Communications
- First Community Bank in Portland
- Hilliard Martinez Gonzales
- Nueces Electric Charities
- Port Corpus Christi
- Selena Foundation
- First State Bank of Texas